Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Fall Flavor Recipes

Last week I told you that I had a recipe that The Hubs and I just loved with the Honey Crisp Apples. I didn't have time to post it last week. Here it is in time for you to try this weekend if you like.
Sausage Cheese Biscuits with Honey Crisp Apples

This is all it is.......A can of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits, some Asiago Cheese, Morning Star Farms Sausage patties (no meat sausage patty, I'm not a big meat eater so I try to substitute when I can. The Hubs doesn't really go for it very often but in this case I don't even think he knows it's not really sausage) and a couple apples.
Flatten the biscuits out a little. Just enough so the sausage patty fits on it and you can pinch the edges.
Put some cheese on the biscuit, the frozen sausage patty, then close it up with another biscuit. Just pinch the edges closed.

There you have it!

Bake at 350 until golden brown


Super simple! Hearty breakfast and this is the clean up. 3 pieces of garbage. I've made these with homemade buttermilk biscuits and real sausage. The homemade biscuits of course were delicious but the real sausage didn't do it for me. You may love it if your a real sausage lover. I have always thought that making buttermilk biscuits with real sausage and then putting sausage gravy over them would be HEAVEN. Haven't tried it yet.

There it is, fresh out of the oven with a sliced fresh Honey Crisp Apple. I love this with a cup of tea. Seattle Tea Cup my flavor of choice for this morning goodness......... Afternoon in the Park or Le Bella Helene . I look forward to this every fall. The Hubs chooses Starbucks Espresso Blend Coffee with his.


Nummy! This is a great fall Sunday morning treat.

Hey! Remember the corn I bought last week at the Farmers Market? This is what I did with it. I didn't just boil it. Which also is very good don't get me wrong. I did something different.
***** Corn boiling tip from my Grandmother............boil in a little sugar. Some people use salt, try sugar in the water instead. It's very good!

This is what I did with the corn I bought.

Took the silk out and closed it back up in the husk. Then I soaked it in water for about a half hour.
Then put a pat of butter, salt and pepper on it and wrapped it back up in the husk, then wrapped it in foil.

The Hubs put it on the BBQ. About 10 minutes rolling them occasionally to cook even. I bought way more then we needed. This is very good if you take it off the cob and freeze it. I don't have enough to freeze this time but I'm going to make something fabulous with the left overs. I'll show you in a couple days what that is. I hate waste! I try to use everything up. We did a large batch of BBQ corn last fall and had BBQ corn through out the winter. I used the Food Saver to put the corn in bags for freezing. It worked like a dream! I'm going to try doing it again this year.

I needed something else with dinner that night. I would have been happy with just corn and some bread (Yeah, I'm a carb junkie.) but The Hubs thinks he needs some sort of meat with his dinner.

I had bought some Portabella Mushrooms because they aren't something I have cooked with all. I wanted to try something new. Well I did!

Portabella's stuffed with shrimp.

I just sauteed fresh mushrooms, onions, garlic, thyme and some parsley in butter, added some bread crumbs, salt, pepper and the shrimp. Then I mixed in a little Provolone cheese. Stuffed the mushrooms and put more cheese on top and baked until the cheese was melted. They were good but I thought they needed a little something else. Crab might have been good but they needed a little more flavor. Just not sure what it was missing. The Hubs liked it, I didn't hear word out of him the entire time he was eating.

WHALA! Dinner I took my corn off the cob
The Hubs is all about eating it off the cob. I can't stand the mess and I don't have real front teeth(another funny, not so funny story of my front teeth and the night before I got married) so it's off the cob for me!

That's it for today!

2 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Hey Timi,
Those sausage things look so yummy. I think I might have to try them. Thanks for checking in on little old me. Things have been CRAZY, but should hopefully die down soon :0)

Little ol' Me said...

Okay...now I'm starving!

LOL, there went my diet this week, this all looks wonderful.