Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cookies, Cookies, and More Cookies
and Support Your Local Business Owners


A few weeks ago I mentioned I had gotten my hands on a cookie cookbook that I wanted to share with everyone. Well today is the day I'm blabbin about it!


Through a friend of a friend, I was able to get this fantastic cookie cookbook before it really hit the streets. It's been written and published by a local author which is a plus since I'm trying to buy local these days as much as possible.
I know, your like "big deal, there are a million cookie cookbooks out there".
This one is different!



The author Dianne Berst, is a local girl born and raised here in the Pacific Northwest. Dianne has been a long time contributor to the Everett Herald and her cookbook was recently featured in the same newspaper.
She's a fantastic cook!

Dianne's cookbook I love Cookies is 250 pages filled with nothing but cookie recipes that she has collected over the years and pryed from the recipe boxes of friends and family. Each one of these recipes has been tried and a proven hit.
Here's what makes this cookbook so special and not like any other. It's a cookbook dedicated to her life long friend Naomi and Naomi's love of cookies. The story at the beginning of this book is touching, heart breaking, and so very inspiring. It's fantastic! As soon as I got this cookbook, read the story, I knew this was going to be my new cookie cookbook. The one I refer to all the time for new cookie recipes. Move over Paula Deen!
$20

Here are a couple recipes I made recently that will be marked in my cookbook copy as
"Great, make again!"

Banana Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Super easy, and they where a hit at The Hubs work.

Mix all the ingredients together.

I'm a big lover of batter! Yes, I know, it's probably going to give me worms or make me sick. I don't care!!!!! I love good batter and if the batter is good the goodies I'm making are going to be even better. This was one of those batters (you batter lovers know what I'm talkin about) I couldn't stay out of when making it.

Frosted with cream cheese frosting. NUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMY!

This was what The Hubs had to say about the Banana Bars in an e-mail the next morning after taking them to work with him:

Those bars are the rage today! There are three left. Lots of happy people wired up on sugar around here!

Up next............................

Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies




All my ingredients mixed up and ready to bake.

These were delicious too!

If you are interested in ordering a cookbook please contact my new BFF
Dianne Berst. They are $20 each (that includes tax and shipping) and worth every penny. A thoughtful, unique gift for those on your list that like to bake.
She also has a fundraising program available if you have an organization that would like to raise a little money.
Dianneberst@AOL.com

Happy Holiday Cookie Baking!

2 comments:

lisagh said...

YUM!!

Deidre said...

I am totally a batter person - and that is one of the most disappointing parts of being gluten free- the batter tastes bad. always.

That and chocolate chip cookies just aren't the same.