Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It’s A Sad Day In Washington State



Seattle Police
Today is a very sad day in the beautiful state of Washington.
The Memorial for the 4 officers that were gunned down and murdered last week is taking place today. 
If you haven’t read about this very sad senseless crime you can go here.
If you would like to see today’s precession go here

The crowds of people paying their respects from all over the state and country is amazing.

PLEASE……………
Say thank you to those in law enforcement and emergency services in your community today. 
These people get up everyday and put their lives on the line to protect you and be there for you when you need them.

These men and women in your community deserve the biggest high-five ever!

Go do something nice for someone who serves your community today!

3 comments:

Linda Q said...

Amen to that Timi, I am watching, hope I can make it through,always keep my tissues handy for these!
So amazing the outpouring from all over the country, from Canada etc.
Sad day!!
And then I just learned my aunt passed away too, so 2x sad for me today!
Linda

WSU Laura said...

I am watching the memorial service and bawling. I am amazed at the support from all over the country and world.

Thank you to the men and women who serve our communities and their families who support them through it all. Thank you!

Linda, I am sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

It's always sad when anyone loses their life, but when it is in the line of serving others, it makes it even sadder. Having been in law enforcement for almost 30 years, I have been to far too many of these ceremonies. They were welcomed into heaven by those who have gone before them. May God bless all the public servants and those serving in the military.