Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sex and the City

I realize the premier for Sex and the City was last Friday. As usual I'm behind in my unsolicited commentary about what's going on around me. It's been written to death about by now, but what the hell....I'll put in my 2 cents!

There we were, our cute little 40 and almost 40 something selves dressed all cute at a small crappy little movie theater on Monday night with 20 other ladies in great shoes to see the long (and I stress long) awaited for movie of Sex and the City. It was no big red carpet movie premier but I didn't care, I was giddy with excitement. I didn't even care that I wasn't all Carrie'd Up in my attire, that I hadn't worn fabulous shoes, fabulous chunky jewelry, or fabulous outfits as everyone else had, I was just excited to finally see this movie. Well maybe I cared a little......
I have been a fan since the first day this show appeared on HBO. Before it's enormous popularity, I was with the small group of late 30's early 40 something single women who watched this religiously, used it as a teaching tool and prayed it wouldn't get canceled. I have seen every episode a million times, thought how sometimes what was happening in my life would make a great story line (whack library story) for the show, and quoted Samantha, Carrie, Charlotte, and Miranda like they said it to me when they spoke the quote. I have licked my eye brows over how sexy Big was, cried for all of them, cried for me when I could relate, and was excited for them when something wonderful happened as if they were my best friends. It was an odd little TV relationship but I loved them and I didn't miss an hour with them. EVER! I was so sad to see this relationship come to an end. It's been hard finding something to replace these girls and I don't think I ever really will.

The movie..................GO SEE IT! Fan or no fan go see it. For those of you who are fans and haven't seen it yet I'm not going to tell you a thing. You need to see it for yourself. Gather up your best girlfriends or guy friends, take some tissue, get all glammed up and go see it! You won't be disappointed. Then go have a cosmo afterward, raise your glasses and bring your Sex and the City relationship to a close and move on in life as Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda have all done. I think after last night I'll be to have some closure to my long relationship with these girls and move on myself to the next part of life, a little more aware of myself and others.

P.S............You may be a little disappointed as I was, that all the funny gay guy characters kind of take a back seat to the girls in this movie. Stanford was barley present which I was a little disappointed in and Anthony had a few lines, he wasn't his usual funny self. Still loved the movie but was looking forward to seeing a little more of them. I guess it's wasn't about them!



The next movie to get excited about........He's Just Not That Into You Based on the bestselling book. Ladies this is a short must read! Single or in a relationship that doesn't feel right. This will enlighten you.

No comments: