Friday, January 16, 2009

Snow Days Project

As most of you know during the snow The Hubs and I started a huge bathroom updating project.
The huge part of the job being.........we don't know what in the hell we are doing!
Well it's been a little slow going, The Hubs is doing a great job but it's still not done. Which frustrates the hell out of me. It only takes an hour or sometimes a half hour on TV! I don't know what the hold up is????
During the snow days, while he was in the bathroom with his head stuck in the floor cussing up a storm like a truck drivin sailor, I decided I would tear something else apart. Make another mess.


I have wanted to recover the seats on my dining room chairs since I got them but I just couldn't find the right fabric. One day this last summer I was in Wal-Mart and they had this green toile that I liked. So for no reason, with no plan for it, just because I liked it, I bought 5 yards. Well, I came across it while looking for something else in my junk room and a light bulb went on. How about I put that on my dining room chairs?


These were my dining room chairs before



They were covered in a nice silk and I liked them but didn't love them. The silk was starting to tear and fray so it was time to do something else.

Not to mention they just didn't go very well with the colors I have going on now in my dining room and living room right now.

So with the help of my handy dandy floral screwdriver and air powered staple gun.........
DUM DUM DUM.........Drum Roll Please......................

After



This is upholstery fabric from Wal-Mart and it was very inexpensive. I think it was about $10 for the 5 yards of fabric.

Not too bad. Now when I want to change them out again I won't feel bad about ripping this off and putting something else on.

I was so inspired with the change, I changed the table cloth , runner and crap for the table center piece. Now I need to find something else to go in the covered stands and around them.
**Note the chandelier hanging in the dining room, it will come up later in conversation.

Any suggestions?

I also need to do something with my china hutch shelves.

Uuuuuuhmmmmmm?????
I'll have to think about that.
I'm open to suggestions.

Here's a bathroom redo update
just in case you were wondering....



The walls are painted, the wainscoting is painted



The lights are up. HOWEVER, I don't like these lights. I'm thinking of taking the chandelier out of the dining room and putting it in the bathroom and getting a new one for the dining room.

I found a chandelier I really like from one of my favorite antique dealers in Snohomish. I just need to come up with some cash and give her a call. Hopefully it will still be there when I'm ready to buy.
My last name really should be Shouldaboughtit. I say that a lot!



The Hubs has been slowly cutting tiles and getting them ready to install. It's been kind of slow. With him going back to his real job (not his fake contractor job) he really isn't all excited to work on it when he gets home.
I'm going to have to start crackin the whip around here I guess.

I think it will look great.

I'm excited to get it done.


Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

WSU Laura said...

The chairs look great! The bathroom is coming along quite nicely. You did a great job painting. I cannot wait to go and use that bathroom. Hint hint Mr. N. Fun time this week "shitshopping". I am still going through all our treasures.

the said...

WOW!! I need to hire you, I have some chairs that need help !
Have a great Sunday :)

Linda Q said...

Wow looks great and the green, well that is a good color but not when you look like it, like me this week, lol, YUK! I like that black , green and white combo.
I would rather be cleaning, digging ditches or anything besides being sick!
I agree, the more chandeliers the better! I am working on ways to get more put in our space.
But alas I am fun money poor right now too, so it waits.
Linda

Unknown said...

When I saw your bathroom project, it reminded me of our bathroom that we semi redid 2 years ago. I thought I would send a link to maybe inspire you guys to push thru and get it finished, I know it is hard sometimes! Best of luck! Sue
http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Bathrooms/Country-Chic/detail.esi?oid=453073

Maison Douce said...

I'm liking where the bathroom is going!! And, of course, I love toile, so I think the chairs look great!! I've heard many people say that every room should have a touch of red... It's the singer!! Maybe some red apples in a bowl?
Isabel

andrea said...

I love the new look of the chairs! That shade of green is one of my favorites!

SeaWorthy said...

Your doing a great job up there!
I love the black and white with that green.

adozeneggs said...

The chairs look great and I love the black, white and green combo!
I was going to rip the hideous rust wainscoting out of my guest bath, but maybe I'll paint it white. Yours looks so nice.