Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thinkin About A Party
And I need Your Help


The Hubs and I are thinking about having a Kentucky Derby Party. Neither of us has ever been to the Kentucky Derby but have a desire to go one day. It just looks like a lot of traditional fun.
Until then...................We will just have to have parties!

Any ideas? Have you had one? What did you do? What did you serve for food?
I have looked on line and just confused myself.
Do you have some tried and true recipes? Do you have Derby traditions?
The Hubs and I want to hear from you

7 comments:

lisagh said...

Ladies must wear Fantastic Hats. All guests must consume Mint Juleps.

fun idea! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

adozeneggs said...

I was just thinking that you must serve mint juleps!
I would do some lovely finger sandwiches and small foods. Let me know if you want some ideas I have a million recipes!!

Kal said...

Oh yeah ~ Big hats & Mint Juleps all the way!

Unknown said...

Ummm ... maybe rent a few horses for the yard, and get all dressed up fancy with your big hats. That is the extent of my knowledge for the Kentucky Derby

SeaWorthy said...

booze and hats

Kindred Roses said...

Girl, I always get a laugh when reading your blog. And hey, its a party. Anything goes!!!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Check out, www.KentuckyDerbyParty.com to truly bring the Derby Home!