Sunday, January 31, 2010

Portland Oregon Road Trip

Road Trip!






Have you ever been to a Queen of Tarte Sale?
I hadn’t either.  Until yesterday.


I had been to lots of sales where Ms. Thang (aka Queen of Tarte) had been at like:
but never at an actual barn burner of a sale at her actual beautiful castle/barn.
It was a full house right when the doors opened


075

077


King of Tarte’s mother had baked some of the most beautiful Valentine’s Day cookies.  On top of beautiful they were GOOOOOOOOOD!  I couldn’t stay out of them.
It’s possible I won’t be invited back unless I can prove that I have eaten first before attending.
078
043 

Walk through the barn/castle with me! 

My pictures are never good and I promise if I ever go again I’ll drag Amber from Tres Birds Photography with me to do the photos.
My pictures just don’t do The Queen of Tarte justice, but you get a little bit of an idea of what is goin on here.
 044
 045

047
048
049
050
051Chandeliers everywhere! 053

054
Crown of many different themes
052
 055 Funky mixed with vintage
056
057
058
059
060                                 
   061 I loved these paper flowers that were hanging every where.
062

063 Lots of fun Valentine’s Day stuff.  Most of it was gone before I could even get pictures of it.
065
067 Ms. Thang has done gone and developed herself a signature scent of candles  that is TO DIE FOR!  It’s so springy that it makes you want to bust out the flip flops and go buy daffodils or tulips.


069
071
073 I loved these pleated pillows.  Beautiful!



This was a really fantastic sale.  It put me on sensory overload.
Queen of Tarte has it all goin on.
Visual
Smell
and
Taste
What more does a girl need?



On my way home from this sale I had lots of time (4 hours to be exact) to think and reflect on the past 2 years that got me to this sale.

When I first started going to these shows a couple years ago I knew nobody.
I only read the blogs.
Lisa at A Thing For Roses was the first person I met. Then it was was Isabel from Masion Douce, then Joy from Auntie Joy and the Boys of Barn House.
From there on ………I was greeted with open arms ( literally, a hug and a “I’m so happy to see you”) every time. 
Each time I went to a sale, a craft workshop, or a shopping excursion I always met someone new.  After awhile they were introducing me to new friends that were in my neighborhood.  Blogland is a small small world!

I was so attracted to how these talented people had met all through the love of junkin, decorating and crafting.   What even impressed me more was how they all helped each other.  They wanted everyone to be successful at what he or she was doing. If someone had some notoriety, and idea, or something fun going on they all were excited for that person and did whatever they could to help.
It got me all choked up every time I witnessed it.   I wanted to be part of it.  I wanted to help. 
When you can’t sew, you don’t have a eye for decorating, and a glue gun isn't’ your friend you’re pretty limited on what you can do. You’re not usually the first person they call to come help.
One day over cocktails a friend said “I really would love to go to some of these places you are always going to but I don’t have anyone to go with”
That’s when a big giant light bulb went off…….Why don’t I take  ladies just like you to sales they normally wouldn't’ go to?
They have all been so supportive in getting our first trips off to a great start.
Now with  my big Superbowl of all trips coming up, do you know what all these friends I have met over the last couple years have done for me?
Get the tissue!

They have circled the wagons and said “what can we do to help?”
They all rallied behind my idea for an antique show where people can find out about The Farm Chicks Junk Junket while shopping with some of their favorite vendors.

The Collection was organized


CJWU Sale Poster Final

Who is attending you ask?

Junkies- Sisterhood of Traveling Junk
Mary Larsen (of Annies on First)
Town Hall Antiques

Just to name a few.


This is going to be a great show!

Join  the Come Junk With Us fan page on Facebook
or
Become a follower on Come Junk With Us for all the
latest details about the upcoming show
and
The Junk Junket to Farm Chicks.

You don't want to miss any of these details!

I got some fantastic news last week straight from Farm Chicks.
I will soon be sharing this little bit of information with everyone.
In fact I would bet you can hear me screaming it from my rooftop!

9 comments:

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Timi, the Queen of Tartes sale looks just beyond amazing. I love that you ate all of the cookies! Ha! The pics of the chandeliers just send me! BTW, we want to do a story on your fun trek, Come Junk With Us... junket to the Farm Chicks show, so please email me if you are game and I will get info to put together a little story and pics, etc... and we will put in in our Mermaids of the Lake May/June issue!

Mermaid Debbie

Andy's Attic said...

Oooooo, I'm excited about the Collection. I already follow "Come Junk" Looking forward to details,
Annette

melanie said...

just love your blog- your pictures are wonderful...looks like you had a great time Saturday...and your flea market sounds like so much fun!
I would give away fliers for your event in my store if you can mail me some...your business sounds just great! Happy Sunday!

Queen of Tarte said...

Thank you so much for coming down to the Land of Tarte Saturday, and for your help in the morning when it is always a little frantic. Looking forward to your show in March and all that your Come Junk with Us will become!! xoxo Cindy

Beth E-R said...

Thanks for the swell Queen of Tarte show and tell! You were quite the busy junker this weekend. It was so good to see you at Sand Point yesterday. Can't wait to hear the latest hot tidbit on your Farm Chicks extravaganza!

Beth of Salvage Studio

Auntie Joy said...

If I wasn't taking Dumbo, Dave the Driver and all that involves to sell at the Farm Chicks. I would want to go with you on the Come Junk With Us Bus! I'm thinking you guys are going to have way too much fun!
JOY!

Sister Patty said...

Timi! What incredible photos! I wish I could hook this computer up to a huge television so I could take in every detail!

Thanks for sharing! Great info!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Cool! There's always something we can do. We just have to find it. I'm still flopping around like a fish out of water. I'm sorta in my niche, but not quite. Haven't quite settled in just... exactly... right.

Maison Douce said...

I'm so happy I got to meet YOU, and honestly wish we lived closed so we could hang out more!!!! I think the show is going to be great, and wish I could be there.... Expo better make up for it, or I am going to be pissed!!!!!
Isabel